Location of economic activities:
- agglomeration economies.
- knowledge externalities.
- sectoral specialization and geographic concentration: Clusters sectors.
- intervention and public sector business location.
Determinants of growth of cities / metropolitan areas:
- Urban Decentralization: Causes and Consequences.
- The role of the central city.
- immigration in urban environments.
- Political factors: taxation, infrastructure, land regulation.
- creation of knowledge spillovers and innovation.
- university-industry relations. Determinants and effects.
- Determinants and sources of innovation.
- innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Evaluation of technology policy and innovation.
- human capital and location of production activities.
- local human capital externalities.
- portability of human capital. Immigration.