The Barcelona Institute of Economics (IEB) is pleased to announce its I Summer School on Fiscal Federalism. The objective of the Summer School is twofold. The first objective is to offer a one-week intensive training programme for PhD students on Fiscal Federalism. With this aim this year the Summer School will offer two 10-hour courses on the topics of ‘Tax Competition’ and on ‘Urban Public Finance’. The second objective is to provide young scholars with the opportunity to discuss their own ongoing research ideas with leading researchers in the field in a relaxed and open atmosphere. To accomplish this purpose, the students will have the opportunity to present their research work at sessions attended both by the invited lecturers and by IEB’s researcher.
The Economics of Local Public Goods (Jan K. Brueckner)
- Public Consumption Technologies
- Rules for Efficient Provision of Public Goods
- Voting Equilibria
- The Tiebout Model
- Property Value Maximization and a Test for Public-Sector Efficiency
Theories of Tax Competition (John D. Wilson)
- Inefficient Competition for Capital: The Standard Model and Extensions
- Potentially Efficient Tax Competition
- Tax Havens and Tax Competition
- Tax Competition with Goods Trade and Mobile Labor
Albert Solé-Ollé (University of Barcelona & IEB)
Alejandro Esteller-Moré (University of Barcelona & IEB)
Pilar Sorribas-Navarro (University of Barcelona & IEB)
Maria Cubel (University of Barcelona & IEB)
Deadline for the application: April 1, 2007
Deadline for acceptance of application: April 30, 2007
Deadline for non presenters registration: June 1, 2007
Send your CV, a short one-page description of the topic of your PhD dissertation and the abstract of the paper that you will be able to present to email@example.com. Only PDF files will be considered. A letter of support from your PhD supervisor must also be sent by postmail mail to IEB.
Download here the registration form for NON PRESENTERS
1. Fill the form attached and send it by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Due to the limited capacity of the rooms, applications arriving first will be given priority.
3. Acceptance will be notified by e-mail (There is a registration fee of €200,00 which includes documentation, coffee breaks and working lunches)
4. Then, to fulfil the registration you will have to pay the conference fee by a bank transfer to the following account:
IBAN: ES27 2100 3642 1122 0000 3171
Bank name: CAIXA D´ESTALVIS I PENSIONS DE BARCELONA “LA CAIXA”
Brach Details: 3642 UNIVERSITAT-1 CENTRAL
GRAN VIA DE LES CORTS CATALANES, 585
Account holder´s name: FISCAL FEDERALISM
5. The receipt of the bank transfer should be sent by fax (+ 34 93 403 72 42) in no more than two days from the communication of acceptance.
6. Your registration will be confirmed by e-mail as soon as we receive the receipt of the bank transfer.
The Presenters will stay at the HOTEL BONANOVA PARK. If you are a NON PRESENTER you can enjoy special rates at the same hotel. Please, contact with CRISTINA to book your room:
SINGLE ROOM: 83,48 EUR. (breakfast and fees included)
DOUBLE ROOM: 109,14 EUR. (breakfast and fees included)
HOTEL BONANOVA PARK C/Capitán Arenas, 51 08034 Barcelona Contact person: Cristina BOOKING REFERENCE: Summer School – IEB Tel.: +34 93 204 09 00 Fax: +34 93 204 50 14 E-mail: email@example.com http://www.hotelbonanovapark.com